Fressingfield CofE Primary SchoolFressingfield CofE Primary School Come and join us on our journey to Enjoy, Aspire and Achieve

Colorado Class

Colorado Class Thurs 26th March

Dear Colorado Class

I hope you are having a good week and are now settling in to learning from home.

Today would be our ‘Maths Morning’ so I thought I would provide you with some extra maths sheets, just in case you wanted some more work to do.  Where possible, I have provided the answers.

You would normally have PE and Music this afternoon. I thought maybe you could try some of the PE challenges in your pack or, if you haven’t already, try a work out with The Body Coach. For Music, if you have your recorder at home with you perhaps you could practise playing that. Here is a link to some music from the BBC, School Radio service. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2bL2NL6Cwlsj2Cs4BXkvg9X/primary-music

Tomorrow would usually be our ‘Literacy Morning’. I know I have given you some persuasive writing to do but I wanted to let you know about a poetry competition that you could enter.

The Young People’s Poetry Prize 2020 competition is to celebrate the work of the Cornish poet Charles Causley. It aims to encourage and enable young writers to have a go at writing poetry themselves.

To inspire the young poets of the future to write their own poetry, this year’s theme for the competition is ‘Environment’.

The competition is free to enter and open to all young people aged between 5 and 18 years old. Poems will be judged by Patrick Gale and a panel of poetry judges with prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each category.  Deadline for entries is July 31st 2020.’

Here is a link to the website for more details, including the entry form. https://causleytrust.org

I have been wondering how you are getting on with your home learning pack. You are all very welcome to send me pictures of your work or the other exciting activities that you have been up to. If your parents give their permission, I could post some of your pictures on to our Colorado Class page on the school website. Alternatively, you could send me a message to let me know how you are getting on.

I am thinking of you all and hoping that you’re all feeling happy and enjoying the sunny weather.

Ms Buckenham